Wednesday, May 28, 2014

To the Queen of the Abyss…

Once upon a time, you were brilliant and beautiful.
Full of power and blessed with privilege,
You danced upon the stage of life,
full-glorious in the light, admired by all.
Desiring all that you could see,
All that you desired was yours.

Vain and entitled, life was a game and you,
The Queen, reveling in your mastery of it,
played with abandon and the carelessness
of one who has never known the truth of sorrow.

Confident within yourself, and in the rightness of your power,
you played with your puppets
and tossed them aside when the next pretty thing caught your eye.
For the desire of some sparkling token,
You used your power to have what you desired,
 and destroyed something of true worth.

Did you know it then? Or did you only discover it after?

Now you stand, in your silent isolation, as cold as the corpses you left behind,
Hooded and cloaked in darkness, seeing nothing, making no sound.
Your grief and despair wail unceasingly, surrounding you,
filling your cavernous Temple of Sorrows,
moving upon the rushing waters swirling continuously at your feet.
These are your powers, your sorrows, your purpose.
These are your children and your treasures, this sound and this temple.
Here in the Abyss you reign as Queen.

You followed me for lifetimes, unseen, unknown,
lifetimes more have I carried you.

The time has come to bid farewell,
But my heart is reluctant to lose you. 
For what if, without you and your sorrow,
my heart is empty, or I have no heart at all?
You have been my companion, a part of me, for so very long,
how do I abandon you forever?
Will I still know myself without your sorrow in my soul?

 I must let you go,
I must cut the thread that binds us.
Unless I do, we will always dance together in the darkness.
I must step forward into my purpose, my future,
Into my power, and the light.
You have taught me well through time of many lives. 
My heart and soul will remember you,
even when I am free of your sorrow and your grief.
I promise you that what is remembered lives.

And maybe someday we will dance together in the light.

1 comment:

  1. Wow.

    I can SEE her.

    You must let her go. You must cut the thread that binds you to her ... and then cut the thread invisibly under that one.

    This is big work.

    Blessings to you!

    ReplyDelete