Sunday, December 13, 2015

My Beloved...


My beloved is the bedrock beneath my feet,
Solid and steadfast, he makes my steps secure
that I may walk my path with surety

My beloved is the mighty oak,
that I may lean upon and rest when I am weak or weary. a stalwart support 
that I may stand in strength


My beloved is the bright star in the dark sky
when I wander in the night his light guides me
 that I may find my way

My beloved is the glowing coals of the hearth
And the need-fire in the winter’s night
And the torch that lights the hall
That I may know warmth and safety

And when I wake before the dawn
in that space before waking, before daylight
my beloved’s voice in my mind,
the memory of his scent
the thought of his touch.
 my passion for him makes me glow
with desire and will
and fills me with purpose
that I might rise and face the world with power... 

No comments:

Post a Comment