Sunday, April 12, 2015

Going to Ground


my body betrayed me…
balance an elusive sprite…
smoke, rain and fresh cool wind danced in erratic ecstasy…
panic blossomed within my belly…
I went to ground.

I knelt upon the Mother,
my hands in Her dark soil…
 sent roots into Her depths,
entwined them around strong solid stone.
laid my body down upon Her,
touched Her creatures,
and waited. 

Shadow rose up within me,
memories of long ago…
long forgotten conflict…
doubts of my place in the world…
of my purpose.

Thoughts of going to ground…
of returning to the Mother to be safe
 in the nurturing depths of Her dark soil…
desire to retreat to Her solidity and strength.

But I am a child of the Void…
the Void harbors no hiding places…
only potential…
and chaotic power
waiting to be given form…

so I shall learn to dance on ecstasy  
to follow sprites into wildeness…
to hold strength of Earth within my body

and to walk my path with what grace I can…

1 comment:

  1. This is so good -- both as a poem (Yes!) and as a statement of where you are just now. So much love to you on this journey.

    ReplyDelete