Sunday, February 10, 2013

Be Thou my Vision Revised

Be Thou my Vision

(A traditional Irish Hymn, Revised by Diane Awenydd-Evans and Megan Moore)

Be Thou my vision, Oh Lord of my heart,
Naught be all else to me, save that Thou art.
Thou my best thought, by day or by night,
Waking or sleeping, Thy presence my light.

Be Thou my wisdom, and Thou my true word.
Lady I serve thee, Thy voice have I heard.
Thou my great Mother, and I Thy true child.
Thou in me dwelling and I with Thee, wild.

Riches I need not, nor man’s empty praise,
Thou mine inheritance, now and always.
Thou and Thou only, first in my heart,
Oh King of creation, my treasure Thou art.

Be Thou my refuge, my comfort, my home,
Be Thou my dignity, be Thou my throne,
Heart of my own heart, whatever befall,
Still be my vision, Oh Lady of all.

No comments:

Post a Comment