Friday, November 16, 2012

Shadow Dance

Shadow Dance
When the sun comes through the window in the afternoon,
and the shadows of the curtains are cast upon the walls and dance,
and the birds chatter in the trees, and the leaves whisper,
I can almost hear their secrets.

They tease me with their hushed proverbs, knowledge unknown, time forgotten.
And I know that the wind holds wisdom, and I remember the voice that told me,
that tried to teach me its language.

I remember the sound of laughter, and the water of the river that flowed, that flows still, running over rocks and keeping such memories that they shall never be lost.

The silence becomes easy and the passage of time un-feared.
The face that I see when I close my eyes is human and not an angel.
All is not dark, all is not light, but shadows dance and lie still and dance again.

1 comment: